Sunday 22 September 2013

jeans

Friday was Jeans for Genes Day at the little one's school. I couldn't help noticing, as I sat in Celebration Assembly, that some of the teachers looked somewhat uncomfortable in their denim. They looked like they only owned a pair of jeans to drag out once a year for Jeans For Genes Day. And they looked like they'd owned the same frumpy pair since 1997.
So this got me thinking (Celebration Assembly is mostly pretty dull). I wear jeans every day. Like every single day of the year. Including Christmas day. (Well not including the 3 warm days we get in summer or on my jollies if I'm somewhere hot, but every other day.)
When I was an arty student I used to look down my nose at people wearing jeans. And now here I am looking down my nose at people who don't!
So I decided. Must try harder. I went out yesterday and made a purchase. A pair of trousers that aren't jeans! 
Radical, I know!

4 comments:

  1. hope theyre as funky as the ones in your drawing.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see your posh trousers and I raise you a frock!
    I WORE A FLIPPIN' FROCK AT THE WEEKEND....
    Normal service has resumed and I am now in jeans.
    As you were.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're EXACTLY the same as my pic! And Mrs C!! Woooo! You win! Can't beat a FROCK!!!! x

    ReplyDelete