Sunday 18 August 2013

beachwear

We went to buy school shoes today. 'Cos I'm super organised like that.
And I threw the old ones away on the last day of term so I daren't risk the kids being sent home in September for wearing slippers. Or wellies. Or flip flops.
I was also hoping to pick up a few last minute essential purchases for our jolly holidays next week. I should've known better. I should know that in August when it's sunny and warm - and we're about to go somewhere sunnier and warmer - that all the shops are full of woolly jumpers and winter coats. 'Cos this happens to me every year.
Of course I should really have bought that rather lovely coat I saw. Because when it's freezing cold in November and I go to make a purchase the shops will no doubt be full of bikinis and short shorts...

2 comments:

  1. Ha ha, so true! You should have bought that coat....They'll all be gone by September!! Were there any tweed bikinis? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I HATE that !! last year i went away in October - found one pair of mis matched flip flops left in Primark.

    ReplyDelete